Saturday 14 July 2007

Baa - baa white sheep
My all time favourite bone comes from a leg of lamb. When I go on holiday to Wales I see hundreds of juicy legs wandering the hills. I don’t understand why my Mummy has to get them from the butcher? I am not allowed in his shop in case I eat his sausages & chops ..... Why don’t we just get them for free?
I like to hunt sheep because they are the only things that run away from me. I can get quite close to them, because I look like a baby lamb myself. They come right up to me and say ‘baa – baaa’, and then I start my hunting song - "woofy woof", and they all run away. I run after them, but they run really fast, and I, because I am so small, have problems getting through the thick heather, and before I know it, I am lost!
That is when I start to panic. I have heard that farmers shoot cheeky little dogs like me, for chasing their sheep! But not to worry. I soon hear my Mummy screaming my name and calling me names like 'stupid imbecile' and I have to go on the leash till we get home.
At dinner time I go berserk from all the lovely smells coming from the kitchen. I beg and whine, but I get thrown outside for my pains and told to be patient! Not my favourite pastime! I''d rather sit in a naughty corner for 10 minutes. I get so upset that I can’t even concentrate on my favourite biscuits!

Anyway, after what seems to be ages and ages, I finally get my bone. But I don’t want to eat it outside; it is much nicer and cleaner to chew it on the carpet. But Mummy won’t let me inside and Daddy laughs, and takes a photo of poor me looking through the door with the bone in my mouth.

It’s a hard dogs life!

No comments: