Wednesday 11 July 2007

Why do humans think that we don’t laugh?
Is it because of the famous Greek philosopher, Aristotle, who had said in 4th century BC that only human animals can laugh?
Although Aristotle was a great philosopher and scientist of his era, he was clearly wrong on this subject.
Scientists have now confirmed that we, pooches, do laugh, although not in the same way as the humans do. My mummy and daddy always knew that I could laugh. I find it very funny when my mum loses a cribbige game and my dad laughs his head off (and me with him). My mummy wants to take tap-dancing lessons (God helps us) but daddy will not let her do it until she manages to beat him in cribbage (she is 26 games behind right now). Back to serious stuff. Apparently, our laugh sounds similar to a normal pant. When scientists played the recorded ‘dog-laugh’ vocalization to 120 dogs in a shelter setting, they’ve found that it promoted pro-social behavior, increased tail wagging and it decreased stress levels. So, my doggy friends, keep laughing!!!

No comments: